Listed below are links that may be of interest to you.
- Document Portal - secure document portal for tax clients. Here you can securely exchange documents electronically with our office using either your own portal, or if that is not yet set up, the Guest portal.
Items Related to Tax Return Preparation
- Engagement Letter for Individual Tax Return preparation - used for the preparation of individual tax returns. It must be signed by the taxpayer, and if a joint tax return the spouse, before we can engage in work preparing an individual tax return. You must also choose which Tax Preparation Package you desire.
- Consent to Use Tax Return Information for Office Use - optional document allows us to mail you other information. Typical items include a calendar for the following year, estimated tax reminders, greeting cards, a newsletter, etc.
- Consent to Disclose Tax Return Information to Family - optional document that gives us permission to disclose your information to the person you identify. The most common use for this is if a family member will be transporting tax documents but it can be used for any person.
- Consent to Use Tax Return Information for Financial Services - optional document allows us to deliver a holistic service. We utilize your information that you provide for the preparation of your individual tax return to identify potential areas that may need your consideration.
- Consent to Disclose Tax Return Information to Avantax - optional document required by delivery of a holistic service. FINRA/SEC requires all client communication be copied to Avantax, so this provides consent for email communication. Alsom some of the tools we use run on systems operated by Avantax Investment Services℠ so this document gives us permission to enter your information on their system.
- Tax-Work Privacy Statement - outlines information we collect and how we protect your information.
- Recovery Rebate Credit - Also know as Economic Impact Payments and COVID-19 stimulus, these all relate to a credit on your 2020 income tax return. But certain information is required in order to claim that credit so here are the options.
"White Papers" on Tax-Related General Information
- Records Retention - how long do you need to keep tax documents?
- Non-Cash Charitable Donations - special rules for deducting non-cash charitable donations?